Deepali Ravi has a Masters Degree in BharatNatyam from Pune University under guidance of Guru Smt. Sucheta Chapekar and has done her Arangetram under Guru .Smt.Manik Ambike.
She also has had the privilege to learn from renowned Gurus- Guru Late.Acharya Parvati Kumar, Sir C.V Chandrashekhar , Dr.Kanak Rele and Smt Vidhya Subramaniam (Sunnyvale, CA)
She has performed and taught in various Institutions and Organizations in India and Abroad. She has conducted various Lecture-Demonstrations and Workshops for youngsters and her choreographies have been very much lauded and appreciated. She has been profiled in the book “21st Century belongs to them” compiled and released by the Lila Poonawalla Foundation for being one of the inspiring women which was presented to the former President of India, Dr.Abdul Kalam.
She is presently involved in teaching and spreading the art of BharatNatyam to the aspiring children in Bellandur.
- Bachelor of Commerce(B.Com), Symbiosis College of Arts and Commerce,Pune, April 1994.
- Best Student Award in Symbiosis College, Pune.
- Intermediate Level in ICWA (Cost and Works Accountany).
- Masters with distinction (M.A) in Performing Arts, BharatNatyam, Pune University.
- Performed ‘Arangetram’ in 1994 under the guidance of Smt.Manik Ambike, Pune.
- Post Diploma in BharatNatyam from Nrityangan BharatNatyam Academy, Pune.
- Awarded with the Lila Poonawalla Foundation Scholarship for Masters Degree (1997
- Masters (with distinction) in BharatNatyam from Pune University under guidance of Smt.Sucheta Chapekar.
- Guidance and Training under Guru.Acharya Parvati Kumar, Bombay, in ‘Abhinaya Darpanam’ Course (eight months Aug 1995 March1996)
- Presentation of ‘Abhinaya Darpanam’ at Y.B Chavan Centre, Bombay (March 96)
- Guidance and Training under Sir. C.V.Chandrashekhar, Baroda.
- Attended a Workshop on ‘ASHTANAYIKA’ conducted by DR.Kanak Rele (Head of Nalanda Institute),Bombay (April1997).
- Won 1st prize in Kathak- BharatNatyam State Level Competition organised by Mantri Foundation, Pune.
- Participated and Finalist in the ’10th Yuva Sangeet Nritya Mahotsava’ Organised by South Central Zone Cultural Centre(Nagpur), in Ujjain and Khajuraho,Sept and Nov,1996.
- Won 1st prize in the Senior Classical Solo Dance Competition organised by FIA (Federation of Indo American Association of North America) for its 8th Festival of India (Aug,11th, 2000), Palo Alto, CA.
- Lecture Demonstration and Workshops of BharatNatyam in Schools and Organisations
- Lec Dem in Abhinaya Vidyalaya, Pune(for 4years 1995,1996.1997,1998).
- Worshop for Jain Wagad Community in Sanjeevan School, Panchgani, for 60 youngsters(May1998)
- Workshop for Symbiosis School children, Pune(1997).
- Compered in English and Gujrati Arangetram Programmes.
- Assistant Teacher for BharatNatyam at S.N.D.T College Adult & Continuing Education Department, Pune.
- Worked as a Dance Teacher in Symbiosis School, Pune, for 3 years.
- Was a member of Lasya Dance Academy (Artistic Director : Vidhya Subramaniam) , Sunnyvale, CA.
- Featured in a film “that which moves and moveth not” by Swarupa Shah in association with Lanxess ABS Gallery, Vadodara
- ‘UMED’ Institution for Handicapped Children [Dec 1995]
- International Seminar of ‘BAIF’ and Mercedez Benz [Feb 1996 & Jan 1997 ]
- Semiclassical group presentation
- choreographed and performed for Indo German Seminar on Environment, ‘Harmony of Panchbhutas’, Pune,India. [Jan 1995 & Jan 1996 ]
- Internatinal Seminar in VAMNICON(Vaikunth Mehta Natinal Institute of Co operative Management, Pune, India [Sept 1998]
- Performed for ‘Manthan’, Pune University, Pune [Apr 1999]
- Performed a short BharatNatyam recital, for ACM (Associated College of the MidWest, Pune [Dec,10th, 2001]
- Performed at Lanxess ABS Gallery, Vadodara for the opening of Exhibition “art forms and forms of art…..beyond definition”[Dec, 23rd,2007]
- Continues to perform the traditional repertoire and her own choreographies
- Participated in the dance drama ‘Ramayana’ choreographed by Malathi Iyengar (Rangoli Foundation, Sherman Oaks, CA) in the Center of Performing Arts, Escondido, near San Diego, CA [Aug, 19th,2000]
- Performed in Salt Lake City, Portland and San Jose in ‘Om Ganesha’. [Sept,Oct,2000]
- Performed in the Dance Drama, ‘Silappadikaram’, choreographed by Vidhya Subramaniam in Sunnyvale,CA. [Feb, 3rd, 2001]
- Performed for “Purandara Dasa Aradhane” , in Hindu Temple, Morrisville, North Carolina [July, 21st,2001
- Performed for “India Fest” ,organised by Nuv Yug , Raleigh,North Carolina [Sept, 27,2003]
Contact If you wish to contact me for my lecture demonstrations, performances or choreography, please contact me. Thanks,Deepali Ravi